The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
600 people reached the top of Mt. Everest in 2012. This blog got about 5,100 views in 2012. If every person who reached the top of Mt. Everest viewed this blog, it would have taken 9 years to get that many views.
i got a mail informing me about the use of ‘gnomigames’ for a gameproject.
As i have absolutely no time to update this blog regular, i sure have no time to develop a game in my free time. So what i would like to say is, my best wishes to these guys. Of course you may use the name gnomigames.
To change the maximum exexution time for phpmyadmin scripts add the following line to config.inc.php in your phpmyadmin folder.
$cfg[‘ExecTimeLimit’] = 6000;
Have you ever had the problem that you needed to extract all zip-files in a folder and found that ‘unzip *.zip’ doesn’t work?
The solution is to escape the *. You need to use ‘unzip \*.zip’.
Merry Christmas to everyone reading this.
Because i google this so often:
To add a complete directory to a tar file and compress the tar use this:
tar cfvz NAME.tar.gz [DIRECTORY]
To extract the files use:
tar xfvz NAME.tar.gz
If you have many files in the directory it might be a good idea to leave the v parameter out.
If you are just starting with XNA game development, than you should probably read this post before you invest too much time in XNA.
Mind, this is no official statement from Microsoft, so there is still hope, but i agree with Promit. It is most likely, that we never see another big XNA update.
Nokia presents Lumia 800:
Nokia presented it’s new windows phone 7 device today. It is based on the successful lifestyle phone N9. The Nokia Lumia 800 is a scaled down version of the N9 in regards to CPU and Ram … and of course intern memory.
Microsoft Lync for Windows Phone 7 is coming to marketplace:
WPcentral shows a version of the business communication software for windows phone 7.
- mknod created a new device.
- -m660 sets the mode to 660 for the filesystem.
- /dev/loop8 specifies the device to create.
- b sets the device as a block device.
- 7 and 8 are major and minor device numbers.
So this creates on a standard Linux the eighth loopback device.
mknod -m660 /dev/loop8 b 7 8 chown root.disk /dev/loop8 chmod 666 /dev/loop8
- Make sure you have the required modules in the kernel. Use ‘modprobe cryptoloop’ and ‘modprobe aes’.
- Create empty 100MB file image named MyImage.img with ‘dd if=/dev/urandom of=MyImage.img bs=1M count=100’. Be warned, this my take some minutes.
- ‘losetup -e aes /dev/loop0 MyImage.img’ connects your image to loop0.
- You have to enter your new password now.
- With ‘mkfs -t ext2 /dev/loop0’ formats your new ‘drive’.
- ‘mount /dev/loop0’ and
- ‘mount -o loop,encryption=aes MyImage.img /mysafe’ mount your new document safe to /mysafe. You might need to create /mysafe before that.