Tag Archives: cryptoloop
August 1, 2011Posted by on
- Make sure you have the required modules in the kernel. Use ‘modprobe cryptoloop’ and ‘modprobe aes’.
- Create empty 100MB file image named MyImage.img with ‘dd if=/dev/urandom of=MyImage.img bs=1M count=100’. Be warned, this my take some minutes.
- ‘losetup -e aes /dev/loop0 MyImage.img’ connects your image to loop0.
- You have to enter your new password now.
- With ‘mkfs -t ext2 /dev/loop0’ formats your new ‘drive’.
- ‘mount /dev/loop0’ and
- ‘mount -o loop,encryption=aes MyImage.img /mysafe’ mount your new document safe to /mysafe. You might need to create /mysafe before that.